I’ve heard it & I’ve said it before….guys are hard to shop for. I know my boyfriend pretty well but I’m having a hard time deciding what to gift him. If you’re having a tough time buying a gift for your boyfriend or any guys in your life hopefully the following gift idea list will give you a direction!
Subscriptions-From magazines to monthly boxes with goodies there is a variety of subscription-based gifts you can give. If you think getting a subscription is the way you are leaning I recommend committing to a year. This will give him the chance to really enjoy it & decide if it’s something he would like to continue.
Magazines: Not everybody likes getting magazines, so choose this one wisely. A good alternative is checking if there is a online subscription so they can access the magazine on their tablets & smart phones. If regular paper magazines are the way you want to go, you can find subscriptions at discounted prices on websites like magazinebargains.com
- ESPN-Any sport industry fan that enjoys to read about latest news
- Lucky Peach-For the aspiring chef & those who love the culinary industry
- GQ– For the stylish guy or the ones who need a little help
Grooming:There are plenty of grooming & beauty product subscriptions for women. I’m happy we are seeing more for men on the market! Either for grooming or for their interests, there just might be a box for them!
- Dollar Shave Club– Razors are expensive. This company gives your man the ability to get quality razors delivered to his door for a reasonable price. They also have more than just razors! Check out their other products that compliment this subscription.
- Birch Box for Men-Yes. There is a Birch Box for the guys! They will have the choice of grooming products & lifestyle accessories.
- Lootcrate-For the gamer in your life they will enjoy a monthly box of limited edition items, gaming products, & other great gear.
If subscriptions are not the choice for your guy, think about some of these gifts.
- Cigar Kit & Lounge Membership– If your guy is like my guy, he likes smoking cigars. Put a cigar kit together rather than buying a ready made one. This gives you room to be creative. I suggest taking a vintage cigar box put a couple cigars in there, a cutter, matches/lighter, tongue scrapper, & a membership card for the local cigar lounge. The one my boyfriend belongs to is about $25 a year.
- Golf Log & a year pass at the golf course-A few months ago I found this golf log at a local store here. I couldn’t contain my excitement & gifted what was going to be my boyfriend’s Christmas gift as a just because gift. I had planned to give him the log & a year pass to one of the local golf courses.
- A couple gift-Maybe y’all had a conversation & decided to spend time together (& the money on something you can do together). If a romantic trip to the mountains isn’t in your budget, there are other great activities you can do together. Maybe a fun weekend getaway to a local brewery or winery is more in your budget. Or a fun camping trip to enjoy each other’s company with no worries!
Now, you know the person you are shopping for the best so don’t worry yourself. I just hope these suggestions were either a hit or sparked an idea for you! Remember shopping for gifts shouldn’t be a stressful task. Have fun & be creative!